Skip to main content

Yesterday was a bit foggy...

Guess what happened to me yesterday morning? I passed out. Literally. Here's the story:

I woke up at 7:45 to get my godson Rory ready for school. He popped up when I did & asked me to turn on cartoons (oh to be young and easily satisfied by talking animals on the television so early in the morning). I said okay and told him to stay in bed & watch cartoons while I brush my teeth. I looked for the remote in my covers, but found it on the floor. Dont ask how it got there because I dont know. Anyway, I got up, leaned over to get it and felt dizzy. I thought I had just moved too fast, so I sat back down for a sec. When I got up again, I felt dizzy, lost my balance & fell back on my bed. On the way down, I knocked over my personal fan and small trash can. Yeah, it wasnt a cute fall at all.

I was scared so I just stayed there for awhile. My godson was like "Whats wrong Nanny?" I couldnt give him an honest answer because frankly, I didnt know. And at the tender age of three, he wouldnt understand "Nanny, feels dizzy and cant keep her balance for some reason", so I just said "Im ok" and got up.

I slowly walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I felt so dizzy. It was as if I was in a fog. I could barely keep my balance so I damn near stumbled back to my room. Went to my room, made sure Rory was okay, got my jeans, went back in the bathroom and I changed from my shorts to my jeans. Last thing I remember was grabbing my shorts off the floor....

Next thing I know, I open my eyes and Im on the floor in the hallway. Shorts balled up about a foot from me. I tried to sit up and it felt like a 100 lb weight was on me. I heard this weird kind of hissing noise & my head was suddenly pounding. I tried to stand up and barely got my upper torso off the floor before I gave up. I felt so drained of energy that I crawled, yes, crawled to my parents's room, hoping my stepdad was still home. I lifted my fist to knock and could barely knock louder than a tap. I kept knocking though because I just knew someone else had to be home to help me.

My stepdad came out, saw me on the floor and immediately helped me up and walked me to my room. I tried to explain what happened and he told me to sit down while he got Rory ready.

My head was pounding and I still felt dizzy for another 5-10 mins. I just rested my head on my bed and closed my eyes. Eventually I was able to get up, finish dressing Rory and put on my shoes. My stepdad threw on some clothes and came along to bring Rory to school. He drove since I was barely keeping my eyes open. I didnt feel dizzy anymore but my head was still pounding and I felt drowsy.

After we dropped Rory off, we got food & headache meds then headed home. I finally started to feel some relief after eating and taking the meds. Even though I never felt dizzy again, I spent the rest of the day in bed with a mild to intense headache.

Still dont know what caused that episode. I do know it scared the living hell out of me. I felt so out of control and weak. It was horrible. Also, as if passing out wasn't enough, I ended up with a rug burn on my elbow and a sore index finger on my right hand from said pass out. Le Sigh.



I feel better now. Going to still take it easy for a couple days though. Im not really interested in passing out again.

Since I was in bed all day, I finally watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of this season's Scandal. I see why yall are hooked. The politics. The lies. The affairs. Kerry Washington's fashion. I am hooked now too. If I hadnt been feeling so weird, I wouldnt have been in bed bored by early morning programming, wouldnt have searched OnDemand for interesting shows and found Scandal (which I had heard so much about), wouldnt have watched those episodes available and wouldnt have a new favorite show to watch on Thursdays after Greys Anatomy. That, my friends, is called a silver lining.

Love,
Coco

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer