Skip to main content

Whats Up With Coco?

Halfway through my final semester of undergrad! (insert applause and cheers here) I am counting down the days and keeping my eye on the prize! Business plans, papers and tests have kept my mind going! Im telling you, I am so ready to have that degree handed to me on May 18th. All my blood, sweat, and tears (literally) will finally seem worth it. I already have my cap, gown, graduation dress/shoes, and I am currently planning the after-graduation celebration! I. AM. READY!



          7 weeks of class left & 70 days til graduation!

Yesterday I was able to register for my first 3 grad school classes! That was surreal. Grad school definitely was not on my "To-Do" list! However, the closer I got to my last semester, the more I realized I still needed to learn more so that I could feel more prepared for the "real world". Well, that extra learning will begin on May 14th. Yes, 4 days before my undergrad graduation I will begin grad school. No break for me! Thats okay. I'll rest when I get to where I want to be!

Recently I took some cap/gown pictures with my sister Kelly. We did it for our mom. She really wanted to see both of her girls in their graduation cap/gowns and she wanted photographs of it. We took some individual photos and some together. The pictures came out so well. We really loved them. My mom cried and couldnt stop smiling. You could see how proud she was. Seeing her look that happy, made that day so much more special for me. 




I had some free time today and finally got around to making the Saints pillow Ive been promising my mom for months! LOL I even made one for my sister. I went to the new Jo-Ann fabric store that opened today and got the fabric and pillow stuffing. It took me less than a half an hour to make both pillows! I'm getting pretty good at this sewing thing, if I shall say so myself! I also created something else for the very first time, but I cannot share it yet because its a gift! I will share in about a week or so! Lets just say, I am tu tu excited about it! :-)




Love,
Coco

P.S.
Check out  Mrs. A's Boutique! Cute and affordable tops, dresses and accessories for all women! Click the name to be taken to the online boutique! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer