Skip to main content

Spring Break Is Over...Now Finish Strong

     I had 10 days of freedom recently! I was excited about doing absolutely nothing! I slept until lunch time just about every day. I enjoyed not having an alarm set. The only days my alarm was set were Sundays because I had to go to church. Spring Break doesnt mean Church break! Easter Sunday I got dressed up and attended noon mass. Much to my surprise, I saw my grandmother at that mass! After mass, I relaxed and ate some of the amazing meal of BBQ ribs, baked macaroni, green peas, and potato salad that my mom prepared. Overall, it was a good Easter and a good start to my Spring Break.




As I mentioned in my previous post, my mind never lets me be completely lazy. Even though I slept until noon, within an hour of being awake I was usually writing posts for my fashion blog, working on school assignments, painting, cleaning my room or re-organizing my closets. My mind was going a million miles a minute! I got a lot accomplished, so I'm not complaining.


My New Painting & New Life Motto

My Re-organized Closet

Coco's Chaos Tee I made


I waited until two days before class started back to actually really get out of the house. My best friend Whitney asked me to go to the Strawberry Festival in Ponchatoula on Saturday. I was tempted to change my mind abou going, but my Mom said "I want you to get out and have some fun", so I decided to go. I'm glad that I did! The Strawberry Festival was very...interesting. LOL The fashionista in me was just overwhelmed by all of the less than flattering wardrobe choices. I wanted to pull out my Fashion Police badge and write out citations for violating fashion rules! However, I just decided to laugh at it all and enjoy the sights and sounds of the fest. I bought some really sweet and delicious strawberries, tasted strawberry wine (I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars) and strawberry tequila (5 out of 5 stars!), and tasted cherry italian ice for the first time. Overall, it was a good outing.



Me, my bff Whit & her friend Tanisha

We had so much fun walking around the Strawberry Fest that we decided to take the drive to New Orleans to walk around at the French Quarter Fest. We had fun listening to music, eating BBQ shrimp po-boys, walking around the Quarter and seeing old friends/classmates. We even stopped at Cafe Du Monde to get beignets.
Sidebar: When did beignets go up to $2.65 an order? What happened to the days of them being $1.10? I was very upset about that price. Still bought the beignets though and they were worth the $2.65! LOL

On Sunday, I ended up back in New Orleans for another trip to the French Quarter Fest. This time I was with my family. I spent the entire day at a second line and the French Quarter Fest with my mom, stepdad, cousins, my goddaughter, aunts and my friend Megan. We walked around, danced, laughed and just enjoyed our time together. I was so excited to see them all. It doesnt happen often, so I really cherished those moments. It was the best way to end a Spring Break! :-)


Me, My Mom, My Stepdad, Cousins & Aunts


Me & Megan (aka The Tall & The Small)

Today, I went back to class. I am now extremely focused on graduating and finishing strong. We have 14 days of class left before finals. 14 days. I cannot believe I only have 14 days of class left until I will finish my undergraduate degree. I cant think about it too much or I'll start to tear up! So, moving on! LOL

I have an 8-10 page paper, a business plan, 3 online quizzes, an analysis of textiles, a comprehensive final and a test due/scheduled between now and the last day of class to keep me occupied. Then I have two more finals the week after classes end. Two days after I finish my final undergrad final, I start grad school online. Then four days after that, I GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE! This next month will be pretty busy and eventful for me. I am so excited about it all and I feel so truly blessed to be accomplishing goals. I cannot wait to celebrate my success with my family and friends on May 18th. I'm looking forward to sharing that big day with all the people that have supported me on this journey. 32 days.

Love,
Coco




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer