Skip to main content

Good Friday, Good Mood & Good Life!

I’ve been a busy little bee these last couple weeks! There’s less than a month of school left (does happy dance) so the professors are starting to pile on the assignments. I haven’t gotten overwhelmed though. I finish assignments well before the time they are due and stay up on upcoming tests/projects. I refuse to let LSU stress me out in my final semester!
                                                          (as of April 6, 2012)

Besides school, I have been doing a lot of DIY projects as gifts or possible centerpieces for my graduation dinner party. I even made a #FreeSeanPayton t-shirt because of the bounty scandal!  I have spent a lot of time in Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics! LOL Doing those projects actually helped me to wind down after doing all my school assignments. I enjoyed the challenge of new projects and loved seeing my finished products.

                                                           #FreeSeanPayton


                                   (tutus I made for my goddaughter and my little cousin)

I have also been busy writing fashion blog posts for the Strawberri Curls blog. Recently my posts have gotten a lot of attention from people all over the world. I had a fashion graphics and branding company based in London message me that they enjoyed my writing and that I am a talented writer! Yesterday I had a company that sells designer shoes for taller women with larger shoe sizes message me about doing a guest post on their fashion blog! A few weeks ago I wanted to give up fashion blogging, but I decided to give it one more try. Thank God I did! I have been humbled by all of the positive responses I’ve gotten from people and the people that are asking me for fashion advice now. I love writing and I love fashion, so being able to do both and have them appreciated is just a blessing.

Now I am officially on my last Spring Break as an undergrad (tear)! I plan to get some rest and just enjoy a few days without running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I will write a few blog posts and start on a paper that’s due in a few weeks though. Y’all know I can’t completely take a full week off! My mind won’t let me! LOL
I am in a really good place right now and I love it. Every day I wake up and read the inspirational messages from Joel Osteen, I am back in church on a regular basis, and I am praying and praising God every day. The message from Joel today really struck a chord with me and I thought I’d share a portion of it. It really spoke to what I am experiencing right now.
God is saying “I’ve got resurrection power. I can give you one break that will thrust you to a new level. I can open up doors that no man can shut. I can bring talent out of you that you didn’t know you had. I can cause people, for no reason, to go out of their way to want to be good to you.” You part is to keep believing, knowing that He wants to bring you into supernatural increase.
Have a Happy Easter!
     (yes, I made those bunny ears! Glue, an old headband, pipecleaners and construction paper!)

-Coco   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer