Skip to main content

Its Spring!...Kinda.

Depending on where you are in the country and what day of the week it is, Winter is making its exit and Spring is sashaying in. Gone are the days of covering up as much skin as possible to avoid the savage chill of winter's wrath. Now, we can bask in the warmth of the sun and the cool breezes of Springtime. According to my calendar, Spring "officially" started about a week ago. If you are lucky enough to live in a place that has seen a rise in temperatures and the return of the sun, this post is for you! If your area's temperatures havent quite gotten that "Its Spring!" memo yet, I'm sorry. Maybe you can think happy, warm thoughts and use this post as inspriation as you daydream about the warm weather ensembles you will debut when the temperature catches up to the calendar. 

I, for one, am very excited about Spring. I love any weather that allows me to either particiapte in #SundressSeason or wear my go-to jeans and a cute tank and sandals. I really love the sundress part of it; especially if its a maxi dress. Maxi dresses are so easy and breezy and require very little effort. Dont even get me started on if it doesnt require any ironing! GLORY!!

Spring is also the time of year we see the big roll out of florals, boho chic inspired looks, gingham and seersucker fabrics, and beautiful pastels. I love the softness of Spring but I also love the juxtaposition of floral looks in black/white color palettes; which happens to be one of many trends I plan to try out this year.

Here are a few examples of some fun, flirty and very Spring looks to inspire your wardrobe for this easy, breezy time of year! Consider it my Easter gift to you! 









I've already gotten Spring off in the right direction during a recent trip to Houston. I pulled out a floral jacket Ive been saving for the right weather to come around since about October and paired it with a salmon cropped bustier, high waist jeans and some cute sandals I got on sale at my favorite store, Target, for $18!


 And I also pulled out a green maxi dress Ive had for at least 6 or 7 years (but havent worn in about 2 or 3) for brunch on the last day of my trip. 



Cant wait to pull more of my spring attire out of the back of my closets so that they can enjoy this wonderful season with me. 

Hope you have a great Spring season and a wonderful Easter!! :-) 

Love,
Coco

Comments

  1. Elle oh el,........I liked two and three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! 3 is one of my favorites as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

MY LITTLE GLAM FAIRY: KELLY LOU

Today’s entry is about my fabulously talented sister Kelly. This past August she graduated from beauty school and is now the new talent at Panache Salon in Baton Rouge. I am so proud of her!   ( wipes tear) My baby is all grown up now and beginning her career as a beautician. I know she is going to do amazingly well in her career and I cannot wait to see where it takes her!                                                     Anytime I have an event to go or just any old random day, I have her do my hair and makeup. She is responsible for my “big cut” when I went natural, she did my sew-in recently, she flat irons my natural curls, and gives me product advice. I also have her do my makeup because honestly, she makes my eyes pop way more than I ever could. I swear while I was standing in line for height, she was standing in line for talented hands. You too can have my sister’s talented hands style your hair or apply your makeup (just as long as it doesn’t interfere with any time I want