Skip to main content

Holiday Fashion: Menswear

I usually don't pay much attention to men's fashion. Honestly, I thought it was dull. *shrugs* However, recently someone asked me to help them with some menswear looks. I was hesitant at first, but then decided to do some research. It actually ended up taking up half of my day! I was excited by it!

I was confused about where to start so I asked a male friend of mine (Thanks Josh!) for some suggestions and that ended up being a huge help. With his suggestions and some additional research on my own, I was able to put together about 10 or so looks. I looked at tons of retail websites, fashion magazine websites, and Googled images of celebrities. After several hours of research and putting looks together, I was pretty impressed with my work. *pats self on back* The looks are simple but fun and there are options for just about every kind of man! 

I decided to do a post about it, just in case any males read this blog or if any of you ladies have men in your life that need a little help in the fashion department. Ladies, if you haven't already, you can check out my fashion advice for you in my previous post Holiday Fashion

Some Recent Menswear Trends:
  • ·         Layered looks
  • ·         Military inspired apparel
  • ·         preppy with pops of color
  • ·         Gray
  • ·         Neutral tones with splashes of bold hues
  • ·         Plaid
  • ·         Pleated trousers
  • ·         Leather jackets



My Looks: 

                                           Holiday Party/Business Casual Look:
This look is perfect for a holiday dinner or a less formal holiday party. Just about every man should already have these staple pieces in his closet: well-tailored blazer, white button down shirt, dark wash jeans and dress boots/shoes 



Trend Inspired Look: Gray 
Gray is a big color in menswear right now; whether its gray shoes, tops, jackets, pants or jeans. It can be the only color in the look or mixed with others. 





                                                     The Edgy Casual Look: 
 If the desired look is more edgy than formal, then these next few looks are perfect. Casual jackets/sweaters and slacks or denim can be worn with some great boots or tennis shoes. Remember, layering is huge right now ( and keeps you warm during chilly days/nights), so don't be afraid to do a shirt, sweater/vest and jacket together.










Pop Of Color:
Real men wear color! LOL Denim, tops, shoes, outerwear in bold hues are very on trend. If color is new to the wardrobe, start off with a top. Wearing colored pants is not something every guy is willing to do! And thats okay! LOL 




Simply Casual:
Don't want a formal look at all? Thats fine. Just because its holidays doesn't mean every wardrobe option has to be dressy. Everyday looks like chinos with boots or denim and tennis shoes are perfectly acceptable and comfortable throughout the year. 







The pieces in these photos can be found on various websites:



Hope everyone, male and female, looks amazing for this holiday season! 

Love, 
Coco

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer