Skip to main content

New Year, New You...Or Not

This is the time of year that people start making New Years resolutions. Whether its a diet, a plan to stop using foul language, changing your attitude or "cleaning up" your circle of friends, a lot of people use the end of one year as a good reason to make some life changes. I usually make some half-hearted attempt at changing something. I'll give up something or implement some random plan and it lasts all of 3 days! LOL Im not going to do that to myself in 2012. I'm going to Let Go and Let God! Any plan He has for me is much better than any plan I could make for myself! 



Do what you know you CAN do. That would be my advice to anyone planning to come up with a resolution. If you didn't go through with the resolution after the first week of last year, what makes 2012 any different? Seriously. Be honest with yourself. Don't make some crazy plans you know you won't fulfill. Don't go to bed on December 31st and think you're going to wake up on January 1st a completely different person. Be realistic! 

There are no set rules or timelines to resolutions. If you want to change, then slowly implement change. Don't shock your system into it, take your time. Diet plans? Start by slowly removing certain things from your meal or walking after a meal instead of sitting on the couch. Before you know it, you'll feel healthier and start seeing some changes in your body. 
Want to change your attitude? Start by smiling at one random person or saying "Hello" to someone you usually wouldn't. Then over time, you wont even notice that you're smiling more, but others will! 



Anything you decide to do, I hope you are successful! Even if you decide you don't need to make a change! Want to keep being the same old you from 2011? Good for you! LOL 

I pray that everyone has a wonderful New Year and I hope that 2012 is an amazing year full of blessings for you and yours! 



Love, 
Coco 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer