Skip to main content

Holiday Fashion

I love Christmas and New Year’s. It’s a season full of celebrating family, love, the season, and all of our blessings. It’s also a great fashion opportunity! Two chances within a week of each other to wear something extra special! And that doesn’t include the holiday parties that you may be invited to; which would mean additional extra special fashion moments! And who doesn’t love a good extra special fashion moment?

I have been planning my Christmas look since Thanksgiving. I’m at the point where all I need are my accessories. I already have the actual outfit and shoes and I am very excited about it! No advanced pictures or big hints! But I will say this: I will be warm, on trend and sassy! LOL

If you aren’t an early outfit planner, like me, then I am here to help with some wardrobe suggestions! Use this holiday season as a chance to step out of your comfort zone and have some fun! If you already live outside of the box then… keep doing that! 

Here are some outfit ideas based on the big trends for Fall/Winter 2011/12:

Menswear Inspired suits & High-Waist Pants: Pair a tailored blazer with a wide leg trouser pant. Make the look feminine with accessories, sky high pumps or bold red lips! Now it’s time to show men who REALLY wears the pants in the family!






Shine: Like a little drama in your wardrobe? Whether it’s sequins or metallic, wearing apparel that shines will make you not only trendy but you’ll also light up the party!







Bold Colors: Bold colors aren’t just for the summer anymore. Bold colors like teal, deep purple, tomato red, and mustard are big this Fall/Winter. Add some color and fun to your look this holiday! And don’t be afraid to mix/match; color blocking is a huge trend as well.





 
Printed Tights/Over-The-Knee Socks: Plain tights, look out! Fun, printed tights and over-the-knee socks are huge right now! Whether they look like faux garters or leopard print, they all add a definite conversation starter to your look!





Ankle Length Pants: Even though there’s a chill in the air now, showing a little ankle is still completely acceptable and fashionable! Just pair these with a hot pair of suede booties or patent pumps.




Knee length/Pencil Skirts: These skirts aren’t just for the office anymore! Throw on this staple piece with a fun top, tights (maybe even a printed pair!), and some boots/pumps.




Faux Fur: Faux fur is HUGE right now and the cold weather makes it a perfect trend for this holiday season. It adds a luxe feel to your look. Whether it’s a fur vest, fur collar, fur trimmed boots, any way (except maybe pants…that may be a little weird!) it’s a hot, cold weather look!




Hope these fun tips helped! I can’t wait to share the pictures of my ensemble! It features a couple trends I mentioned above! You’ll see which ones in about 2 weeks! So stay tuned!

Love,
Coco 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                                                    My 1st Project During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a mer