Skip to main content

Going To The Chapel...

...and we're gonna watch someone else get married
No, those arent the actual lyrics but since I cant think of any songs perfect for a wedding guest, I remixed it. Deal with it.
Its Spring and that means the kickoff of wedding season. Top bridal designers recently participated in Bridal Fashion week and rolled out their latest in bridal apparel (check out Galia Lahav, Lazaro and Berta Bridal's collection. LOVE!). This signifies the beginning of the time of year that we'll all start getting more notifications of engagements and invitations for nuptials in the mail (or by email; if you're a hi-tech kind of bride). I have already attended one wedding this season (Congrats to my friend Jodi!) and have two more coming up soon (Congrats to my cousin Krishan and to my cousin Justin!!). And I swear everytime I log on to Facebook someone else has gotten engaged or married. Must be something in the air other than pollen.

Its always exciting to witness the joining of two individuals into holy matrimony. Its even more exciting when the cake is cut at the reception. If you know me well, you know thats what I look forward to more than anything. Seriously.
A close second to the cake, is the fun of getting dressed up for the special occassion. The bride isnt the only one that needs to say "Yes" to a dress. Even though it isnt your day, its still important to show up looking and feeling your best! I know how difficult it can be to be "wedding appropriate" due to the varying locations/religious beliefs/requested attire with every ceremony, so here are a few wedding guest look inspirations for you! I'll even thow in a few looks Ive worn to different weddings (formal/non-formal). 









My Looks:
Blush BCBGeneration dress with pink waist belt (I bought separately and decided to sew onto the dress) and pink accessories I wore for a cousin's wedding last April.

Wine colored BCBG gown with neutral tone accessories I wore for a formal wedding a few years ago. Paid less than $75 for that gown. Ya girl finds good designer deals!

Snake print Michael Kors dress I wore for an outdoor wedding. I suggest wearing very light clothing for outdoor weddings. The sun can be torture...but it made my photos look fab. So it was ALMOST worth having it out in full force. Almost.
*This wedding was in New Orleans and I left my shoes in Baton Rouge so thirty minutes before the wedding I was running around a shoe store. Mom spotted these for $20! Score!

Prabal Gurung for Target dress I scored for less than $10 at Target with my $20 last minute heels I wore to a friend's wedding. 


Leopard print Love Culture wrap dress with black/gold accessories I wore for a wedding last weekend. Btw, I got over 100 likes on FB for this pic. I guess everybody was in love with the Coco in leopard. *flips hair*


Remember, dont wear all white (unless told to do so by the bride), dont try to outdo the bride (It is NOT your day), wear or bring some comfortable shoes so you can dance the night away, and bring a cardigan or shawl in case the venue is on the colder side! 

And, try not to attack another guest during the bouquet toss. Its not ladylike. Just take off your shoes and jump up really high as if your life depended on it. 



Good luck! :-) 



Love, 
Coco 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I

MY LITTLE GLAM FAIRY: KELLY LOU

Today’s entry is about my fabulously talented sister Kelly. This past August she graduated from beauty school and is now the new talent at Panache Salon in Baton Rouge. I am so proud of her!   ( wipes tear) My baby is all grown up now and beginning her career as a beautician. I know she is going to do amazingly well in her career and I cannot wait to see where it takes her!                                                     Anytime I have an event to go or just any old random day, I have her do my hair and makeup. She is responsible for my “big cut” when I went natural, she did my sew-in recently, she flat irons my natural curls, and gives me product advice. I also have her do my makeup because honestly, she makes my eyes pop way more than I ever could. I swear while I was standing in line for height, she was standing in line for talented hands. You too can have my sister’s talented hands style your hair or apply your makeup (just as long as it doesn’t interfere with any time I want