Skip to main content

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation.


Signing my Senior Checkout papers


I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.


                                                                   My 1st Project
During my time at LSU, I got to put my love of drawing and fashion to use, created business plans, designed bridal gowns, designed/set up a merchandise display window, tailgated, enjoyed music & free food at Fall Fest, saw a real live Tiger just a few feet away from me (Hey Mike! Lol), hung out with a fake tiger (our mascot lol), took part in any Alabama/Roll Tide slander, and got to work fashion shows. Last but not least, I got to go to New York for the very first time! I experienced much more than I ever imagined!


                                                            Bridal Gown I designed

                                                     Business Plan (Final Project of Senior Year)

                                                               Display Window

                                           Mannequins I helped dress for a Fashion Show

                                                              New York Trip
  Over the last three years I have learned so much, met so many great people and have had an enormous amount of opportunities come in to my life. Even though I cried a lot and threatened to drop out (again lol), I will always cherish my time at LSU. However, I wont cherish the memories of walking across that extremely large campus in the heat/rain/cold, struggling to find a parking spot, forgetting where I parked in the large parking lots, and buying $150 textbooks to only get $30 back when I return them. LOL


I pushed through the tough times and I finally after all the blood, sweat & tears, Ive made it to the finish line! Im no longer an LSU student but I will always be a Tiger! FOREVER LSU!






Love,
Coco

Comments

  1. Congrats! It sounds like you've had a long road and thankfully you've proved yourself successful! Best wishes to you in your fashion future!


    True Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!!!
    Follw my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com hope you like and join it, you're always the welcome!!
    kisses and Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I came across your blog
    Im really trying to convinced my parents on letting me go to LSU this spring for Fashion Merchandising. I go to Dillard Univeraity at the moment and I hate it. After growing throw my first year majoring in nursing I told my self I can't worry about picking a career that everyone approves of I have to do something that makes me happy and something I love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was an education major at another university until i decided to go after a career I was truly interested in. I found out that LSU had a Fashion Merch program and I was over the moon! I enjoyed every minute of it and learned a lot. Its a great program and there are a lot of opportunities to network and/or get experience through different fashion shows, internships & programs. Take your parents on a tour of the campus and speak to some of the professors in the department. They'll see that its a good program that you will be able to thrive in! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct

I cant LYE, I love my Natural Hair

Hello, my name is Courtney and I used to be addicted to Creamy Crack. It was an addiction that lasted for years. Finally, about a year ago, I decided to kick that bad habit. Cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but I made it. I can happily say that I am finally natural and loving it!  The process of going natural is difficult. Anyone that tells you it isn't, is lying through their kinky curly head! Resisting the urge to perm is hard. There were many days that I would look in the mirror and just stare at my hair in pure disgust. I had a real love/hate relationship with my hair for a few months. Luckily, I have a live-in beautician (hey Kel-Bel!) that assisted me through the tough times. She was like my transition sponsor! She went through the process so it made my transition not as horrible as Ive heard they can be.                                        Me and my Naturally Beautiful sister Kelly  After being anti-weave for years, I got my very first sew-in during my transition. I