Skip to main content

Jason Wu for Target



Every few months, Target enlists a high end designer to create a line that will be exclusively sold at their stores and in the price bracket for their target market. In the past, designers such as Rodarte, Zac Posen, and most recently (and some may say most infamously) Missoni. The latest designer to join this group is Jason Wu. You may not know his name, but you definitely have seen his work. He is the man responsible for designing First Lady Michelle Obama’s Inaugural Ball gown in 2008.


Fast forward four years and Jason Wu is one of the top designers in the industry and his designs can be seen on many of Hollywood’s hottest entertainers. Now, his designs are available for those fashionistas that don’t have the ability to buy his higher end products; which could cost almost four times as much (or more) than what will be offered in a limited edition standalone collection at Target.

The Jason Wu for Target collection may have a lower price tag but it has the same style aesthetic as his higher priced label. His fun, flirty and ladylike style is still apparent in the Target collection.  The collection is full of floral and striped knee-length skirts and lightweight fabric shirts that would make great additions to your spring wardrobe. There are also clutches, handbags and accessories available to complete your look. The prices for the collection range from $20-$60, so in addition to being appealing, they’re affordable. Appealing AND affordable? I’m sold!

The Jason Wu for Target collection hits stores and Target.com for a limited time starting February 5, 2012. If the reaction to his line is anything like the Missoni chaos (out of stock merchandise within a couple hours, cancelled online orders, etc.) a few months ago, I would suggest getting there early to check it out!  Below are just five of the looks that will be available.


 

                    Textured Pleated-Front Peplum Top $33 Pleated Skirt $30 Lace Clutch $30



                                                       Trench Coat $55  Flared Dress $60



         Long-Sleeved Sheer Blouse $35 Pleated Canvas Skirt $30 Front-Flap Straw Bag $40



                        Sleeveless Top With Sheer Panel $27 Pleated Skirt $30 Lace Clutch $30


                                                                Cuffed Shorts $27
                                         Short-Sleeved Tee $30
                                    Straw and Canvas Clutch $30





Love,
Coco 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Spring!...Kinda.

Depending on where you are in the country and what day of the week it is, Winter is making its exit and Spring is sashaying in. Gone are the days of covering up as much skin as possible to avoid the savage chill of winter's wrath. Now, we can bask in the warmth of the sun and the cool breezes of Springtime. According to my calendar, Spring "officially" started about a week ago. If you are lucky enough to live in a place that has seen a rise in temperatures and the return of the sun, this post is for you! If your area's temperatures havent quite gotten that "Its Spring!" memo yet, I'm sorry. Maybe you can think happy, warm thoughts and use this post as inspriation as you daydream about the warm weather ensembles you will debut when the temperature catches up to the calendar.  I, for one, am very excited about Spring. I love any weather that allows me to either particiapte in #SundressSeason or wear my go-to jeans and a cute tank and sandals. I really love...

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct...

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                       ...