Skip to main content

Starting With The Woman In The Mirror



       

Ive “let myself go” recently... havent pampered myself or put much effort into my outward appearance for awhile because I was uncomfortable with my “new body”. I didnt know how to be Courtney anymore because I didnt feel like Courtney anymore. The girl that had hundreds of clothing items has had her closet reduced to a few things that “fit” and a few others she cant bring herself to part with (the local Goodwill dropoff bay has seen me often this year). 

Im tired of looking in the mirror and not feeling my best. Im tired of just being “okay” with the way I look. 
Im done being insecure, unsure of myself & weighed down (no pun intended) by the extra pounds. I have to love myself no matter what size I wear. No matter what the scale says. 



Changes are happening. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. Im changing. Im caring again. Im going to love myself again. Inside and out. Get ready for a comeback!



Love,
Coco




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Spring!...Kinda.

Depending on where you are in the country and what day of the week it is, Winter is making its exit and Spring is sashaying in. Gone are the days of covering up as much skin as possible to avoid the savage chill of winter's wrath. Now, we can bask in the warmth of the sun and the cool breezes of Springtime. According to my calendar, Spring "officially" started about a week ago. If you are lucky enough to live in a place that has seen a rise in temperatures and the return of the sun, this post is for you! If your area's temperatures havent quite gotten that "Its Spring!" memo yet, I'm sorry. Maybe you can think happy, warm thoughts and use this post as inspriation as you daydream about the warm weather ensembles you will debut when the temperature catches up to the calendar.  I, for one, am very excited about Spring. I love any weather that allows me to either particiapte in #SundressSeason or wear my go-to jeans and a cute tank and sandals. I really love...

Thank You For Your Opinion

Someone told me recently that they think my degree in Fashion Merchandising will be worthless once I graduate next month. They actually said the word WORTHLESS. Had that person told me that about a year ago, I would've started thinking "Is my degree worthless?" "Will I get a job?" "Did I waste my time/money?" However, I have been in such a good place recently that my response to that was "Thank you for your opinion." I did not let the negativity get to me. Instead, I put it in the same pile as the rest of the negative comments I've received in the last few years. If I listened to everyone that said something negative (i.e. "You're not going to go back to school" "Grad school is not an option for you", etc.) then I would be sitting at home, in my room, drowning in my sorrow like I was a few years ago when I was suffering with depression and an anxiety disorder. I was able to pull myself out of depression and funct...

Undergrad has come to an end...But its FOREVER LSU!

In June 2009, I made my triumphant return to college. After sitting out of school for nearly 4 years, I officially became an LSU Tiger. I walked on campus (got lost!) and felt proud to be there. I was so excited to begin my journey as a Fashion Merchandising major. I was ready to see what LSU had in store for me. Now, its May 11,2012 and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. I took my very last final this week and I am now awaiting graduation (7 days!). Can you believe it? One week until graduation. Signing my Senior Checkout papers I still remember my very first class, Intro to Fashion Design. I learned about colors, sketching, and fashion figures. I even designed my first "line". I still have that project on the wall of my room.                                       ...